Corporate strategies beneﬁt from complementary public affairs and government relations activities that together can leverage political support for your business.
How political strategy can help your business
Individual businesses will naturally work with their trade bodies and fellow co-operatives and mutuals. But the ﬁrst priority has to be the interests of their members; public affairs activity at the level of the ﬁrm should be a key part of the overall business strategy.
Working with government, politicians and regulators requires specialist skills and Mutuo has advised many large member-owned ﬁrms on how to maximise the value of this activity.
Our advice includes:
- Strategic audits of existing in-house and subscription-based public affairs activity
- Development of public affairs plans with clear strategic objectives and a roadmap for delivery
- Synchronising Public Affairs with Public Relations work
- Project based consultancy, for example on legislative change
- Ideas for maximising political contact programmes
- Proﬁle building for businesses and senior executives
Mutuo has a distinguished track record in political advocacy. Our energy and experience has delivered unrivalled results for mutuals.
Our team has led the promotion of mutuals for over a decade
- Founded Mutuo as the ﬁrst cross sector advocacy body
- Expanded into the Asia-Pacific region, and provided advice to mutuals across the European Union
- Built a cross-party consensus in favour of mutuals
- Built an infrastructure to maintain the momentum of this work
We have driven the mutual message to the heart of government
- Improved and updated the legislative environment for mutuals
- Inﬂuenced policy in all three major parties
- Advised Governments of all parties
This work has grown the mutual sector
- Articulated the relevance of long-standing mutual business
- Led to the adoption of mutual public services providers
Mutuo works to grow and strengthen the co-operative and mutual sector by:
- Communicating their priorities to decision makers
- Acting as an advocate with politicians and regulators
- Building links between mutual business leaders
- Developing new mutual businesses
Mutuo works with some of the largest mutual businesses in the world.
Talk to us today about how we can work with you to maximise your impact on the public policy agenda.